How to make Hershey Kiss Roses Favors
Hershey kiss roses are a fun and editable party favor that work great for weddings or other special events. Hershey kiss roses also make great decorations and centerpieces.
Instructions for Making Hershey Kiss Roses:
1. Collect your materials. You will need:
- Hershey Kisses
- Cellophane (red or pink)
- Shish Kabob Sticks
- Floral Tape
- Fake Leaves
- Scotch Tape
- Tape two Hershey kisses together (bottom to bottom) using scotch tape. This step is optional, but it does make assembly easier.
- Stick the pointed end of your kabob stick into the top of one of your Hershey kisses. If your Hershey kisses are too soft, causing them to be difficult to work with, stick them in the freezer for a few minutes. Be careful not to leave the Hershey Kisses in the freezer for too long or they will be too hard to work with.
- Cut a 4 ½ X 4 ½ inch square out of your cellophane.
- Drape the cellophane over the Hershey kisses and secure with floral tape. You will place the tip of you Hershey kiss in the middle of the cellophane and wrap downwards, making sure your cellophane is wrapped tight around the Hershey kisses. Then wrap your floral tape around the bottom of Hershey kisses, securing the cellophane into place.
- Add two fake leaves at the bottom of the Hershey kisses and secure them with your floral tape. Then keep wrapping the floral tape around the kabob stick until you reach half way down the stick. When you are halfway down, add one or more leaves (securing it with the florist tape) and then continue wrapping the rest of your stick.
- If desired you can add a small note to your Hershey Kiss rose with ribbon.
Displaying your Hershey Kiss roses can be a lot of fun. They make great centerpieces when grouped together with baby’s breath. Or add your Hershey Kiss roses to your guests table setting by placing them on or besides their plates.
The first few Hershey Kiss roses u make may take a little time, but after getting the hang of it, it should only take a minute or two to make a rose.